Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

Court Balanced Round Robin - Home of Ian Wakeling's Excel workbook

Excel Eternal Student

Reply #30 on: November 29, 2021, 03:46:04 AM
My search and my weeks of breaking my head over randomising players into pool buckets and then creating a schedule for each pool and then creating a score sheet to be maintained by the coordinator on game days is now !

every where on the internet i go, i somehow land up on this page. I am trying to organise a community sports event with 6 individual games and 5 team games for 900 players divided across 18 categories in next two months. (its for our apartment complex)

Step by step, i am done through figuring out who wants to play what, what team compositions are and what teams will be playing what games, then using https://www.randomresult.com/tournament.php worked on creating randomised pools across those categories for each game.

now my excel sheet is ready to keep track of everything.

one thing which was missing was creating a schedule for the round robin stage of every game event. i attempted using formulae and then switched to macro. somehow it didnt work. i have resorted to manual creation of round robin schedule for each pool in each event game for each category of play. :(

But this sheet by Ian is a life saver. I am only stumped by the limitation of having an macbook so the activeX thing on v5.1 version excel file is causing excel to not load up on a Mac. 

Any workaround on this?

I dont have a windows laptop to try this out. Can anyone help?

Ian?

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 03:57:10 AM
You are correct that the Active-X controls are the reason the Excel file does not work on the Mac.  Unfortunately there is no way to work around this. As I said in my offline message, you are welcome to ask for specific outputs from the Excel file and I will send them to you.

GoldenOldie

Hi Ian,

A fantastic and very useful tool. Thank you for making it available. 
If you're planning on doing another update, are you able to tweak it so that we're able to select
the number of courts, as the club that I play at only have 4. Many thanks you in anticipation.

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
I am unlikely to do this as it would need a major change to the way it works.  I have other ways of finding a schedule for 4 courts so if you want to see some, then start a new thread in the the 'Requests' section and post your requirements.