Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

Tennis 20 Players Doubles, 5 courts, 19 weeks

airy2479 · 2 · 3916

airy2479

on: March 18, 2012, 03:34:23 PM
We are starting a friendly get together once every week. I wonder is there a schedule available where I can simply plug in the variables. My goal is that, to the extent possible, everybody will play with and against every player at least once, and the same number of times if possible. When they play more than once, I want to make the allocation as even as possible. That is I don't want to have some players coming up against or being with the same player say 8 times and just once or twice with or against other players. I've tried doing this manually, but it just doesn't work out. If the number of weeks would need to be increased to 20, inorder to equal the number of players, that shouldn't be a problem.  A big thank you to anyone who can help with this.
Richard

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:40:49 AM
Hi Richard,

If you follow the 'schedules' link at the top of this page and then select 'whist' and '20 items', then you should get a 19 round schedule where every pair of players play as partners exactly once, and where every pair of players play as opponents exactly twice.  

Ian.