Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

12 person euchre

fredread · 2 · 7267

fredread

on: November 18, 2011, 08:45:30 AM
I am running a euchre tournament with 12 people. I want to play with each person once for a total of 11 games.
I would like to start table #1 with 1-2-3-4, table #2 with 5-6-7-8, table #3 with 9-10-11-12.
After the the first 3 games are played I would like player 1 & 2 to stay at table #1 and players 3 & 4 to move to table #2 and none of those 4 players to have to move again. So 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 will move around.
So the first go round you would play 3 games, after that people move and then you would only play 2 games because you have already played with your counterpart.
Can this be done?
Fred

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 05:00:03 AM
Fred,

I am not sure that I understand the format of play, so it would be helpful if you could explain why you want some of the palyers to be fixed like this?  Have you seen the whist schedule for 12 players that can be found by clicking on the schedules link near the top of this page?  This is an 11 round solution which  has with-each-person-once and against-each-person-twice properties, but only one player can remain fixed to a table - the rest have to move.

If I follow your suggestion and 1 & 2 partner in round 1, and then remain fixed to a table for the rest of the tournament, then surely they have to play against each other as opponents for all of the remaining 10 rounds? Also there will not be enough partners for them, 10 rounds and only 8 partners (5 to 12) to choose from.

Ian.