Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

10 Team Division - Home and away with shared grounds.

Amjad · 3 · 380

Amjad

on: February 26, 2024, 04:49:19 AM
Hi

Firstly, fantastic initative and a fantastic excel spreadsheet resource.

I am trying to organise a 10 team cricket division - that will play games on a home and away basis (and the spreadsheet does this great).  These 10 teams will share 5 grounds between them.

I wanted confirmation of which team letter should be sharing grounds - eg Team A and Team J should be sharing a ground, Team B and Team I should be sharing etc - to ensure that I do not end up with 2 teams on the same ground both expecting to play a game.

Appreciate any help with this.

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 12:23:11 PM
Please have a look at this thread which shows you how.  You need to uncheck the "multi-table" box and select "do not randomize" then the teams who can venue share are next to each other in pairs.

[edited]  Sorry that wasn't quite accurate they are next to each other in pairs if you make a single round robin, but this is not the case for the double round-robin shown in the linked post.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 12:28:02 PM by Ian Wakeling »

Amjad

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 09:13:24 AM
Hi Ian

I have had a look at the link that you shared for the 8 team round robin - however, i want to randomise the games that are played so that Team A does not end up playing B, C, D, E, F, G and H in the following 7 weeks and then repeats this sequence for the next 7 weeks.

I want my 9 games to be randomised for all 10 teams, yet still be able to identify which teams should be sharing grounds without any scheduling conflicts.

is there any way I can do this?  Appreciate your help with this.