Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

bracket help, 8 teams 4 games

gerzyj · 4 · 1504

gerzyj

on: May 17, 2023, 08:26:28 PM
So I'm hosting a gathering where I will have 8 teams competing in 4 different games. We are wanting to do a more traditional single possible double elimination bracket. The problem I am running into is that I want the games to be running simultaneously so we don't have teams waiting to play. I understand that every team will not play each other in every game. I hope that this makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 08:32:38 AM
I don't think it is possible to schedule beyond the first 16 games (the first round of each of the 4 single elimination brackets). After that things depend on results, it will get very hard if one or two teams does well at everything.

gerzyj

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 09:42:17 PM
Yup! I'm sorry that I didn't specify that. I just need the first round in all 4 games. If one team does well it will be a lot of waiting but it's the best thing I can come up with. Big event is tomorrow so any help getting the first round setup would be amazing!

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 10:05:42 AM
You could use this schedule where the 4 rows are the rounds and 4 columns are the 4 different games.

(H A) (F C) (E D) (G B)
(F D) (H B) (G A) (E C)
(E B) (G D) (H C) (F A)
(G C) (E A) (F B) (H D)

If you make A,B,C and D the seeded teams, then they will not play each other in any first round match.  Hope that helps.