Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

How to handle equitable time distribution

kwfricke2 · 3 · 5097

kwfricke2

on: December 13, 2013, 06:43:44 PM
I have a round robin schedule where I am trying to assign the game times in a way that each team has an equitable distribution of game times.  

For example, I have 10 teams playing over 9 weeks.  This makes for 5 games each week.  The game times are 8,10,12,14 and 16.  How can I assign the games times so that no team has too many or too few of any particular time?  

There has to be a way but I have been working on this for far too long and have not been able to get this working.

If anyone could help I would be very, very appreciative!!

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:32:20 AM
Have a look at the schedules in this thread.  For example if the rows of the 10 team schedule are the 9 weeks and the columns are the 5 game times, then all teams will have played once at each game time by the end of five rounds.  The same holds for the last five rounds (5th round counted twice).  You could also follow the schedules link at the top of this page and use any of the balanced schedules in a similar way, it will not have the balance after 5 rounds, but will have all teams once or twice at each game time.

kwfricke2

Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 02:12:12 PM
awesome.  thank you.  This is a great site.  I wish I found it three years ago :)