Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

Supper club for 32 couples rotation

SandcastleSC · 6 · 2839

SandcastleSC

on: April 07, 2021, 12:40:12 AM
I need help with a rotation for a quarterly supper club.
There are 32 couples.
Dinner is quarterly.
I have a grid that works well for 28, but we have grown to 32!
Each couple dines with 12 other couples during the year. 
Ideally, they would not dine with ANY of the same couples at all during the year. 
There are not enough events in a year for everyone to dine with everyone else which is OK.

Will any of your Round Robin spreadsheets work for me?
Attached is what I used for the group of 28.
Any help is appreciated!!

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 04:13:34 AM
I think the spreadsheet that I posted in this thread will help (note that you need to be logged in in order to see the attachment).  Specifically the worksheet in the Excel called "32 players" will give you what you want.  If you need to assign a host couple for each foursome, then use rounds 1 to 4, for quarter 1 to 4, and in quarter 1 assign the 1st couple in each foursome as host, in quarter 2 assign the 2nd couple in each foursome as host, etc..  Hope that helps.

SandcastleSC

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 08:50:01 AM
Sorry to be a dunce.  Where/how do I find the excel 32 players?

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 10:13:18 AM
You need to follow the underlined link in my message above which will take you to a different thread on this message board.  Provided that you have logged into the message board, you will see a paperclip link to dowload the file "Foursome-Tournaments-v4.zip".  Once you have dowloaded and unzipped the Excel file you will see it contains a number of different tabs for various mulitples of 4 players - one of these is the one you want for 32 players.

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 10:17:38 AM
Or, if you still have problems, you are welcome to click on my name to view my profile and then send me an e-mail message, then I will reply with the Excel file attachment.

SandcastleSC

Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 09:15:26 PM
Thanks so much, the spreadsheet for 32 works well. 
An added plus is that I now have a 2 years (8 quarters) schedule.

Foursome-Tournaments-v4.xlsx is a treasure with all variations by number of players.
Thank you so much.