Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

Round robin selector, draw, scheduler and table

RGKACC · 4 · 3239

RGKACC

on: May 05, 2019, 05:29:48 AM
I am a member of a bowling club and have been asked to help the Match Secretary.  We sometime round competitions with up to 48 teams playing on two greens (6 rinks per green) with 2 start times (10.00 and 10.45).

Is there a spreadsheet to generate the draw, timings and produce  tables.

Many thanks in advance

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 12:07:28 PM
You can use the balanced round-robin generator to generate a court balanced round robin for 48 teams, then assign the 24 courts to the 12 rinks x 2 times.

RGKACC

Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 02:40:32 AM
Ian

Many thanks for the link.

This is the first time I have used this or other forum and I think I was not clear on how we run the events and apologies for this.

We would divide the 48 teams into two sections and then into four leagues. Each section would play on the two greens at the same time.  I think if I could get something that would generate a round robin for 24 teams on 12 rinks I could then duplicate it for the second section.

Is there a score recording file which would record scores and produce tables showing, games played, won, lost, drawn, shots for, shots against and points?

Again apologies for not being clear in what I was looking for. 

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 03:51:05 AM
I don't think I have anything that will be of any great help, and certainly nothing that does all the admin work, score keeping and results table generation etc..  The Excel spreadsheet will only give you a basic schedule for one league of 6 teams that you could then build into something larger.

I am aware that there is a lot of software out there that may help with the admin work, but I am not a user myself.  Try an internet search for terms like :

sports scheduling app
sports league software

Perhaps someone else might be able to recommend something suitable.