Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

Two Division scheduling

tisbowsl · 2 · 3686

tisbowsl

on: August 08, 2008, 10:41:01 AM
Hallo

I am desperately trying to draw up a round robin schedule for 9 pairs of bowls players  Previously no problem as everyone played everyone else but the players are now ageing (aren't we all) and find playing 56 ends too much in one day.  The alternative is to play in 2 divisions with the winning team of each division playing off for the trophy.Having 2 divisions means an odd number 4 in one and 5 in the other that's ok but trying to plan a day's bowls without one team playing their requisite matches in the morning and then nothing for the afternoon is defeating me.  We have 4 rinks and can either use all or just a selectionin any round.  Can anyone out there help me please.

wbport

Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 03:57:39 PM
I'm not familiar with your game or its terminology, but it looks like (if teams are permanent and paired as a unit) that you use a ten player round robin table with everyone having a bye.  Does every pair play eight "ends" against every other pair?  Could that be reduced to six or four?

Another alternative would be to have a swiss system where teams with similar scores are paired for each round.

Good luck!