Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

Looking for a schedule for 12 players - 3 courts

gmcbee · 2 · 3638

gmcbee

on: January 26, 2010, 02:57:12 PM
Hey all, hope someone can help.  We are going to play a 12 man tourney, we have 3 courts, and about 3 hours.  I have seen the Whist sched, but we would like to throw in an additional constraint, only 3 court changes.  Changing after every mini set would be perhaps too many court changes.  I think we would be open to 3 to 5 court changes if that helps.  The way we have done it in the past was to have players 1, 2, 3, 4 (or what ever grouping) combo up; 1 & 2 play 3 & 4 for a mini set of 4 games, then rotate with new combo for 4 more games, and then once more so all have played together, while the same occurs on court 2 & 3, come back to club hous, short break write down scores, snack, hydrate, and then back out to the courts.

Other options anyone might share?  Many thanks!

gmcbee

Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 03:00:45 PM
Oh, I forgot to add.  In round 2 and 3 we had too many guys playing against the same people.  The way it was, 1,2,4 play on same court all three flights, same for 6 others.  SO, if we stay with only three court changes, and reduce the number of guys on same court, that may well be an acceptable improvement.  Were too old, likely, someone will get lost, LOL