Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

VB doubles King of the Beach Tournaments

mclouthken · 4 · 2991

mclouthken

on: August 11, 2014, 08:50:07 AM
Hello.  I am putting together a series of volleyball doubles King of the Beach tournaments, where we could have 4, 5 or 6 people in a pool.  Each team would always  have two players on either side of the net.  I want to be able to generate a somewhat balanced schedule that would have each player paired up with all the other people in his/her pool at least once.   I've seen plenty of sites that accomplish this for 4, 5 or 6 team pools, but when its a King of the Beach format(not consistent teammates).  Has anyone one ever seen a site or something that could help me?

Ken

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:54:52 AM
Ken,

Can you give an example of what the first few rounds of play might look like, as I don't think I understand completely.  Are there always two pools?

Thanks,

Ian.

vaidaz2001

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:01:33 AM
All the King of the Beach schedules for 16 players I can find are for coed teams. Were can I find a 2v2 beach volleyball King of the Beach schedule for all men. Were everyone is pared up with everyone, and plays as many different opponents as possible. We have 2 nets. Thanks in advance.

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 12:14:39 PM
You must play 30 rounds before everyone has been paired with everyone.  If you click on the schedules link near the top of this page, and then click 16 items and 'Whist', then you will get something suitable, just break each round into two sub-rounds - Tables 1 & 2 first, and then Tables 3 & 4 second.