Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

Specific Team Names and "Division" functionality

Captainhowdy · 2 · 1351

Captainhowdy

on: August 18, 2023, 01:46:30 PM
Hello Ian,

Great job on this tool.  I wanted to see if there are other versions (or existing functionality that I'm not aware of) that support two things before I dig in to modify some VBA or take some manual steps.

1) is there a version where I can replace the numbers or letters with specific team names that I designate?
2) my league is going to be run with 2 divisions, 6 teams per division, 14-week schedule.  Each division team needs to play 2x with the balance of the games against non-division opponents.  I can get the 2 round robin games by running the tool 2x with different teams, it's the interdivision games I'm trying to find functionality for (and ultimately create 1 schedule vs randomizing 3 generated scenarios)

I can accomplish all that I need with the tool as it stands and some manual work, I just wanted to check if this has been addressed elsewhere or in the plans for the future.

Thanks!

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 09:42:30 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your interest in the balanced round-robin generator.  To answer your questions, no there is not a version where you can replace team numbers by names, however if you are displaying the schedule in "home/away" format with "multi-table" unchecked, then you can edit the team names in column A and they will be repeated in the main schedule.  Development has really stopped on the Excel generator, I intended it only to generate fully balanced schedules by implementing mathematical constructions.  Anything more, like your interdivisional games propably requires an algorithmic approach and adds a lot more complexity.  Of course, if you modify the VBA, then I would be interested to see what you have done.  You are also welcome to contact me off-line with questions about the code.

Best regards,

Ian