Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

14 player individual pairs.

Guest · 3 · 3118

Camo501

on: September 05, 2017, 12:39:58 PM
I need a individuals pairs schedule for 14 players. Where every player pairs with each other one time, plays against every other play twice, and all players get 2 byes. It should be 14 rounds with the byes. This is a NON Asymmetric schedule. I would like to find a generator for 6,10,14,18,22,26,and 30 players. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
What you are asking for is actually impossible. Suppose there are 14 rounds and 14 players with 2 byes per round, then each player has exactly 12 games. This means that every player has at least one other who is never a partner, and at least two others who they oppose only once.  Add a 15th round and things are no better, it might or might not be possible (I don't know which) for 12 of the players to meet your criteria, however the remaining 2 players who have a bye in the 15th round will have one game less than everyone else.  The same issues apply with the other numbers of players that you mention.

Camo501

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:37:44 PM
Thanks for responding! You are exactly right. I realized it after I posted . I need a schedule or a formula that matches your first example. Where everyone plays 12 matches and gets 2 byes. Then it would work the same for 18, 22, 26 ETC.. The reason the byes have to be equal is the 2 players with byes in a certain round would play singles against each other. So all players would play 12 doubles matches and 2 singles matches. Can you help? Thanks again.