Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

14 Team Mixed Skill Doubles Rball League

sap121125 · 3 · 2966

sap121125

on: January 21, 2017, 02:52:47 PM
Hi Ian,
First time sending in a help request.  I tried to send one in earlier but didn't see it post so here goes it again.  We have a total of 28 racquetball players ready to play in a mixed skill league.  Mixed skill in that half are "A" players and the other half are "B" players.  The objective of each week of league play is that an A player will be paired up with a B player to form one team and face a similar paired team.  The teams would change each week so that the A player is paired up with a different B player each week and plays a different team that is paired similarly.  Can you help me form these weekly teams and matches?

Thanks,
Pete

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:52:54 AM
Hi Pete,

I am sorry that your first post disappeared.

Here is a link to another thread that has a zipped Excel file attached (look for the paperclip attachment).  If think the worksheet for 28 players could be used for a short league of 7 weeks.  It may not be ideal, as you would have to sub-divide the A and B teams further into two groups.   Then apply the schedule so that every doubles game was of the form:

one player from A1-A7 with one player from B8-B14   VS  one player from A8-A14 with one player from B1-B7

I could make schedules for 13 or 14 rounds, but I have no way of creating them in a balanced way as 28 players is not an ideal number.  In particular the number of times players oppose each other would not be even.

Ian

PS don't use the 24 player worksheet in the file I have linked to (I have recently found out that it has errors).

sap121125

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 02:25:14 PM
Thanks Ian.  I'll give this format a shot.