Round Robin Tournament Scheduling

16 golfers, balanced schedule, balanced tee times

jddanielson · 3 · 2780

jddanielson

on: April 12, 2016, 04:36:17 PM
Trying to figure out how to schedule 16 players grouped in foursomes over 15 or 16 weeks to make sure they play both a balance schedule with other players and balanced by the four tee times

Ian Wakeling

• Forum Moderator
  • God Member
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:22:25 AM
15 weeks is the best choice, as all pairs of players can occur with each other exactly 3 times.  I would also want to arrange that no combination of three players, play together more than once.  This can be done, just take Part. 0, 1 & 2 from my schedule at the end of this thread.  This doesn't address the tee time issue.   I am still thinking about this, it should be possible to rearrange the order of foursomes within the rows (rounds) to improve the tee time balance, but I am not sure if it can be made optimal.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:25:24 AM by Ian »

jddanielson

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 10:32:27 AM
Thank you Ian! I grabbed a selection from your 16 player solution, and assigned individuals that fit the time distribution to best meet their general needs.

I will follow the thread in case anyone can think of a way to also balance the tee times.

Do you have a thread with an 8 player solution? a 12 player solution?

Sorry that I wasn't more self sufficient with your tool. The groupings into balanced foursomes rather than twosomes was throwing me.